Head Bartender Chelsie Bailey has revealed her first menu for The Savoy’s American Bar
The Savoy’s American Bar is the longest surviving cocktail bar in London and one of the most iconic bars on the planet, regularly winning World’s Best Bar awards, so when it launches a new menu, it’s a big deal. The latest menu, The Savoy: American Bar Journal, has been created by Head Bartender Chelsie Bailey and her team, and it’s a total celebration of mixology and bartending.
For more than 130 years the American Bar’s bartenders have been translating important moments into cocktails, recording them in liquid form, and this process is at the heart of The Savoy: American Bar Journal menu. There are modern versions of classic serves alongside cocktails created to mark historical moments, including the likes of:
- The New York Cherub, based on the classic ‘Angel Wings’ cocktail, made with Rabbit Hole Rye Whiskey, Bowmore 15-Year-Old Whisky, Raspberry, Discarded Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur & Spiced Violette Bitters
- The Coffee Black Velvet made with Guinness Coffee Whey, Crème De Cassis & Roasted Barley
- Homecoming, created to honour the Lionesses’ Euro 2022 win, made with Lion’s Botanical, Dry Vermouth, St. Germain Elderflower & Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé
- Fine & Fancy, a nod to bar guest Maggie and her fave drink of whisky & ginger, made with Mackintosh Whisky, Honey, Thyme, Ginger, Suze Gentian & Nyetimber Classic Cuvee
- Jabberwock Sour, made with Hendrick’s Gin, Haku Vodka, Manzanilla Sherry, Rooibos and Kola Nut Tea Absinthe & Lemon Egg White
- Oh My Punch! made with Bacardi Ocho Rum Cachaça, Spiced Pear Falernum, Almond Grappa, Aperol, Lime & Celery Bitters
The team is also working with ecoSPIRITS, a packaging technology that helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the cocktail supply chain by over 90%, so the new menu is ticking those sustainable boxes, as well as delivering some of the best drinks in the city.
Stay in the loop…
Sign up to our drops
The Savoy, Strand, London WC2R 0EZ