We seemed to have entered ‘pubs in posh hotels’ season as hot on the heels of The Bishop at The Berkeley, the Great Central Pub is opening at The Landmark London. Chef Matt Fletcher, who worked at the five-star hotel between 2009-2011, is back heading up the gastropub, which is taking the place of the Great Central Bar and Restaurant.
The new spot is bringing something more relaxed to the hotel with a menu of pub classics given a modern twist, including:
- posh fish finger butty with lemon sole goujons, aioli & pickles
- The Ginger Pig’s steak & ale pie with mash
- pan-roasted chicken breast with creamed cabbage, carrots, and bacon & mushroom sauce
- Angus beef burger with smoked bacon, BBQ relish & hand-cut chips
- Ploughman’s lunch with scotch egg, cheddar, stilton, pickles & salad
- Eton mess
- chocolate nut sundae
You can’t have a pub without beer and The Great Central Pub will be well stocked on that front, with a rotating selection of London beers and ales on the bar, available alongside a global wine list.
Stay in the loop…
Sign up to our drops
Opens Mon 28th November 2022
222 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 6JQ