First there was Thomas Keller’s £250 a head French Laundry Pop Up restaurant, this was followed by the French costing just £2.50 a head. Now comes the middle man The English Launderette, from the makers of Rock Lobsta, costing £49 for a six course meal. Launderette, a cheeky spin off
The English Launderette is apparently that, an actual launderette (like the one in Eastenders). The food is focused around childhood memories which have been given a 2011 face lift. Just look what’s in store:
* – A Launderette aperitif from the ‘Coin Op’ Cocktail bar
* – A surprising & simple glass of juice to start
* – Cheese and Pineapple as has never been seen or made before.
* – Ultimate Prawn and Avocado will be a far cry from the Marie Rose
* – Elderflower Sorbet with Kick
* – The ‘Mixed Grill’ is reinvented
* – A Savoury course
* – Lilli Vanilli ‘Baker to the Stars’, a trolley of vintage inspired deserts.
If you like what you see buy your ticket now – we have a feeling this one will sell out!
Sat 1st Oct – Mon 10th Oct, 6pm- late
18 Hewett Street, EC2A