Feels like only yesterday that Robin Gill’s Maria G’s opened its doors in Kensington, and now he’s heading a little further south with a second branch to launch in Fulham. This time around, we’ll be getting a new menu centred around seafood as well as a prime Thames Path view to be had on the new site’s outdoor terrace.
The Italian menu is inspired by Gill’s time spent working in the south of Italy, and specifically by the small fishing village of Marina Del Cantone. While remaining close to Italian cuisine, the menu will also showcase the best of British produce. Dishes are set to include the likes of:
- baked lobster orzo with winter tomato, fennel and vault vermouth
- spaghetti alla ‘Nerano’, a famous Amalfi pasta dish made with fried courgette and provolone cheese
- seafood fritto misto with seasonal Italian vegetables and fresh herbs from the garden
- mussels al forno, baked in the half shell with garlic and herb butter
- baked chocolate and piedmont hazelnut panettone with vanilla gelato
We’ll also see the return of some Maria G faves, such as the aged parmesan fries, herbed focaccia, sage and anchovy fritti, and Florentine steak with chicory, gorgonzola and aged balsamic. And with the new restaurant’s seafood focus, there’ll be a raw bar displaying the fresh fish and seafood available individually or as a platter.
Out on the terrace bar overlooking the Thames, you’ll be able to sip on cocktails like the ‘Fico Sbagliato’ (caramelised peach amaro, fig infused vermouth and prosecco) and the ‘Pomelo Cobbler’ (fino sherry, pampelle, grapefruit sherbet and pomelo soda). Or choose from the predominantly Italian selection of wines. Cin cin!
If you can’t wait to get into the new Maria G’s, you can bag yourself some big savings on your bills during the restaurant’s soft launch. We’ve got all the info below for you.
Opens Tues 22nd November 2022
Unit 4, 20 Central Ave, London SW6 2QE