Who doesn’t love having a speedy lunch up their sleeve? Well that’s exactly what chef, food stylist and soon-to-be-author Georgia Levy is delivering with these veggie fritters. As Georgia says, “these are eminently customisable depending on what you have sitting in your fridge, so use the recipe here just as a guide”, meaning whatever root-veg is lurking in your fridge can be whacked in this recipe. Try stuffing them in a sarnie with Georgia’s recommendation of tzatziki or mango chutney, or keep ’em as they are and shove a fried egg and some chilli oil on top. These veggie fritters are about to become your lunchtime saviour. You’re welcome.
150g sweet potato, grated
150g carrot, grated
150g parsnip, grated
1/2 onion, grated
2 eggs, beaten
1tsp ground coriander
3 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
splash of olive oil
1. Put all the grated veg into a tea towel and squeeze out all the moisture.
2. Whack the grated veg in a bowl, along with the eggs, ground coriander, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until everything’s combined.
3. Warm a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and once hot, add heaped tablespoons of the mix into the pan. Flatten each fritter with the back of the spoon, gently pushing it down.
4. Cook for two to three minutes until dark golden, making sure you leave them undisturbed so they can get a nice crust before gently flipping and cooking for another two to three minutes.
5. Eat with a fried egg and other snazzy bits you fancy.
Handy in the kitchen and post about your cooking on the ‘gram? Drop us a DM to be featured.