From international restaurant group Aqua, Azzurra is opening this October
Summer may be over, but you’ll soon have the chance to eat like you’re on the Amalfi Coast right here in London as seafood spot Azzurra is docking in Sloane Street this month. The new concept from Aqua Group (behind the likes of Aqua Kyoto, Aqua Shard and Aqua Nueva) will centre around showcasing the best of British seafood, using produce sourced sustainably from around the UK, but the dishes will be prepared with a Mediterranean twist – with techniques inspired by those used in Sicily and Amalfi.
The kitchen at Azzurra will be overseen by Executive Chef Andrea Mura, whose menu will include a selection of primi, main dishes, pizze and desserts. Expect the likes of:
- Spaghetti quadrati, seafood carbonara with mussels, clams, tuna, prawns and seabass
- Linguine with handpicked crab, butter, chilli, lemon and Sicilian bottarga
- Malloreddus with Italian sausage ragu, saffron, and Sardinian Pecorino
- Seabass, salt baked with salmoriglio sauce
- Skate, Milanese style with wild rocket, rosemary and lemon
- Swordfish grilled with fennel and orange salad and Bronte’s pistachio pesto
- Azzurra’s signature pizza, Astice Davide, with medallions of lobster tail, bottarga and lemon zest
- Burnt cheesecake with blueberry jam
- Sardinian Pecorino fried pastry topped with honeycomb
There’ll also be a Raw Bar, with options such as Scottish langoustine tartare with Amalfi lemon oil and smoked Anglesey salt; sea urchin ‘diamond’ with charred peach and seaweed caviar; and a seafood platter of Welsh lobster, Scottish langoustines, Sicilian red prawns, Japanese sea urchin, Colchester oysters and razor clams.
The restaurant’s design is all about bringing the coast to the heart of London through the use of linen, deep azure and materials that evoke old fishing boats. Until summer rolls around once again, this could just be the perfect way to escape the winter blues.
If that sounds like your dream brunch, lunch or dinner, we’ve got something that’ll make it even better. We’ve teamed up with Azzurra to treat our INSIDERS to 50% OFF food (excluding the Raw Bar and seafood platter) when you book in this November – find out how to redeem the deal below.
To score that 50% OFF food at Azzurra, book in any time between Thurs 2nd and Thurs 16th November using the special link below.
Terms & Conditions
This offer is valid between Thurs 2nd and Thurs 16th November 2023 only.
Max 4 people.
Discount only applies to food menu items.
Not including set lunch, seafood platter, bar snacks, or drinks.
Valid for à la carte lunch, brunch, and dinner.
Subject to availability. No cash alternative.
Opens Thurs 19th October 2023
127 – 128 Sloane Street, London SW1X 9AS