Taco Taco will be serving up non-traditional versions of the Mexican street food
Moroccan footballer Hakim Ziyech is getting into the restaurant biz (his partners include two co-founders of Inca London) with Taco Taco, opening in Shoreditch this July. But this isn’t going to be your standard taco joint as the Taco Taco team is putting its own spin on the Mexican dish by throwing in non-traditional flavours.
You’ll be able to swing by for breakfast tacos (running until 11.30am on weekdays and 2pm on weekends), aka sourdough tortilla filled with mozzarella, scrambled eggs, pico de gallo; extras of caramelised onions, bacon, and chilli jam; and hash browns on the side. The all-day menu is set to include:
- pulled smoked anticucho chicken taco
- pulled beef taco with chipotle chilli sauce & pickled jalapenos
- salmon poke taco with teriyaki salmon & pickled cucumbers
- aubergine achiote taco with pickled cabbage
- crispy corn tortilla with mascarpone mousse, caramelised banana & Nutella
Mexican delicacy huitlacoche, a fungus that grows on corn that’s often used in quesadillas and enchiladas, will also feature on the Taco Taco menu, so if you’re in the market for some new taco flavour combos, this might just be the place.
Stay in the loop…
Sign up to our drops
Opens Weds 26th July 2023
141 Commercial Street, London, E1 6BJ