Henrique Sá Pessoa, the named 38th at The Best Chef Awards in 2021 and one of the most lauded chefs in Portugal, is coming to London to open JOIA at the new art’otel London Battersea Power Station. Sá Pessoa runs the two-star Alma and relaxed tapas restaurant Tapisco in Lisbon and he’s the Executive Chef at ARCA in art’otel Amsterdam, and it sounds like he’s got something pretty special planned for London.
JOIA will be made up of three different spaces spread across the top floors of the art’otel; a bar on the 14th floor, a restaurant on the 15th floor and a rooftop bar by the infinity pool, with views over Battersea Power Station. The restaurant will take inspo from Sá Pessoa’s background and his travels across the Iberian peninsula and showcase the best of both British and Iberian produce, with dishes like:
- scallops with black garlic sabayon
- Alheira sausage croquettes with tomato & sofrito sauce
- grilled leeks, romesco and rocket & hazelnut salad
- salted cod esqueixada with pickled red onion and orange
- wild mushroom rice with Azores Island cheese
- grilled carabineiro with orzo bisque & coriander
- braised Iberian pork cheek with apple & turnip puree and fig & plum chutney
- chocolate & chorizo crumble with sherry vinegar
- traditional warm sponge cake with manchego ice cream
The bar, boasting floor-to-ceiling windows for more epic views, will continue on the Iberian theme, with cocktails like the Safira Rosa (mezcal, elderflower, grapefruit soda & rose petal water) and the Perola (peach liqueur, rhubarb bitters & champange), Portuguese and Spanish wines, and vermouth all featuring on the drinks list. Bring it on.
Stay in the loop…
Sign up to our drops
Opens February 2023
1 Electric Boulevard, Nine Elms, London SW11 8BJ